Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sick for Saltines

There are only a few instances when saltine crackers seem necessary: 1. When eating chili 2. To keep kids occupied at family restaurants 3. When you are pregnant and very sick.















Well saltines are like gold in our house right now and no I didn't make chili and no we haven't gone out to eat, I am pregnant with baby #3! This pregnancy has been different right from the beginning starting with us actually tring to get pregnant. I had some issues in high school and was told there was a good possibility I may have trouble getting pregnant. So when I was 23 years old Jeff and I (well mostly me) thought it was time to ditch the birth control and see what was up with my body. A month later I was pregnant with Trexen realizing there will be no infertility issues. Then when our first born was 4 months old, extremely colicky and not reacting well to nursing we started formula. Well when they tell you nursing is a form of birth control they are correct, I immediately became pregnant with Paceler. So with a 13 month old and a new born it was clear we needed to wait quite some time before another.

Being the planner I am I decided another fall/almost winter baby would not work with already having two high-energy boys. This past spring I went off birth control and fully anticipated being pregnant the next month. Four month later and no sign of pregnancy I started to panic. What if we couldn't have another, that was something I hadn't even considered. With much prayer and patience I gave it up to God, let go of my perfect plan and the next month found myself throwing up at all hours of the day.

This pregnancy is a mystery though as I started throwing up and had a positive pregnancy test less than a week after supposed conception. An ultrasound is scheduled for the end of this month and I could be 8 weeks then, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, who knows. I am excited and anxious to find out the due date. Until then I struggle to make it through a day, throw up at the smell of things such as our chickens and rush to the couch whenever possible. Although I physically feel like I've had the stomach flu for four weeks I am overflowing with gratitude. I am so incredibly thankful for this gift, truly a miracle and if a healthy baby awaits me at the end I won't mind throwing up hundreds more times. I've had family and friends struggle with infertility and have seen the heartbreak, I know there are many out there who would give anything to feel this way right now. For those reasons I try not to complain but instead thank God every day for this baby.

In case your wondering what happens to a house when the mommy is sick, you don't have to wonder anymore. My closest is still in process of summer clothes moving out and winter getting in, at this rate I should have it switch by spring. Beds go unmade, a changing table in need of repair gets used for clothes storage and little boys stay in jammies until noon making big messes every where. Brace yourselves this isn't pretty...
































































No comments:

Post a Comment