Monday, October 10, 2011

Pretending to be Professional

Did I tell you I finally got a new camera? This is something I've been thinking about for quite some time since trips to professional photographers always result in disappointment. Every time I had cute outfits chosen, scheduled the shoot at just the right hour of day and envisioned stunning, tear jerking pictures in the end. HA that never happened, instead we left after a few short minutes, me sweating kids crying and somehow still spending a hundred dollars on pictures I didn't even like.



















I knew from the beginning this whole camera thing would be a battle with my husband and I needed to approach it fully armed. He just doesn't understand the photo memory thing especially when a lot of money is at stake. Another point against me was I already had a nice Kodak digital camera but the delay was driving me crazy! After a few weeks of research and gathering the facts to build my case I went to battle. As expected I was confronted with skepticism and strong push back.

























After more discussion and me closing with the argument that I would use Poplin money to purchase the camera he kind of gave up. For the next few weeks I worked hard earning enough money at Poplin Parties and through custom orders to buy the camera. With only a few days until Trexen's birthday party I clicked the confirm button and squealed with excitement.


















Now I am snapping pictures like crazy pretending to be all professional. Really I know nothing about photography but hope to learn someday soon. This weekend I had a fall photo shoot with my kiddos, in our backyard and no one left in tears or wiping sweat from their brow. I love love love my camera and the memories it is capturing. Part of this camera deal was that I need to do something with all these pictures so that is the next project...

1 comment: