Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our Special Day

Probably the only good thing about doctor's office visits is I usually only have one child with me. Thankfully my mom can take the boys any day of the week and my mother-in-law on Tuesdays so I rarely have to venture into the dreaded doctor's office with both kiddos. Last week Pacey was sick which meant a "special day" with him consisting of the doctor, Target, a new hot wheels car and Starbucks for mama. Trexen of course had fun at his nama's but was also anxious to have his own "special day".

Yesterday was Trexen's turn, we left Pacey at Oma's and off we went. Our adventure started at Target because don't all special days need a Target trip, the the fabric store- that one for me, next our friend's house for a little play and the the doctor's office for a three year check-up. My three year old is a nervous nelly worked up about everything so it's always an exhausting adventure going to appointments. Convincing him to get on the scale, stand tall like a giraffe for his height, opening his mouth so the feared wooden stick isn't needed and a new one yesterday...a paper thin child's blue gown to put on (still not sure why). Trexen was a shy little clam curled up on my lap the entire time but no tears, no shots, a success.

After we visited the most adorable shop across town in search of a birthday gift for my sis. Trexen loved all the vintage goodies and was pretty convinced he needed a stuffed rooster- thankfully we left without it. Then our bellies were rumbling, starving and in need of food. Hmm where to go?













The same place my mama used to take me after appointments...Pizza Hut buffet! Trex skipped to the door excited to eat with just me and I felt better just smelling food. We sat in a booth across from each other surrounded by cubicle clans away from work for lunch with big smiles on our faces. I remember sitting just like this with my mom, feeling so special to be out to eat during the day with just her.

























We enjoyed salad with ranch dressing (my latest obsession- especially with french fries), cheese pizza, chocolate milk and cinnamon bread sticks. At one point in between eating, chatting and answering a million questions, Trex paused looked up and said, "mommy this is our special day right". I love special days with my boys individually and look forward to more pizza buffets after appointments.

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! I simply can't wait to make a special date with my boys too someday!

    ReplyDelete