Monday, August 8, 2011

Unwind

Chamomile for calmness and ylang- ylang for relaxation, a spa like experience in a bottle. Unwind aromaessential lotion from Arbonne promises all that in a small yet expensive bottle of body lotion. I went to an Arbonne spa party at a friend's house and it was the perfect girls night. The Arbonne consultant was friendly, had very warm foot baths for us and the wonderful host had delicious snacks. Generally I dislike these kind of parties, hearing the spiel of how "you can do this too", feeling pressured to buy and all the products out of my price range. However if someone wants to give me a night of relaxing spa like treatment I'm in.






















These party consultants are good, really good. They know the products, of course love them and somehow make you believe you need them. I am probably their worst nightmare as I am always skeptical and don't fall into pressure of buying. Although I have a vicious battle going on in my mind to buy or not to buy I usually take the catalog, say thanks and head back into reality, back to my $3 Up & Up brand of lotion. It is not that I doubt any of the products or brands at these parties, it's quite the opposite, of course they work and are fantastic, it is $30+ for a tiny bottle, it had better work, I just can't afford it.

























Well the woman said, "and our unwinding lotion is so calming, even for fussy kids, rub some lotion on to calm them down". Gosh you would think after 2.5 years of uptight, fussy, sleep hating kids I wouldn't fall for anything but I got sucked in. $30 later I had a bottle of Unwind lotion on its way to my house. To your surprise I'm sure, the lotion has not calmed me or my littles yet. It is silky smooth and smells wonderful but no calming aroma has rubbed off.







(trying to relax)











Not sure why I try to change myself all the time. I can be calm and relaxed at times, its just not my personality. Many wonder how I get so much done, well I don't ever just sit, I do multiple things at one time and am always busy. I admire those that can just be, that can spend an entire day chilling, in my mind I want to but haven't mastered that skill yet, maybe I need more unwinding lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment