Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sick Day

Head pounding, scratchy throat, burning eyes and aches all over. That describes how I felt this morning at 4:30am when Trexen stood next to my bed pleading for me to find his Sophie kitty. Ugh up out of bed for the third time and now that cold the kids passed back and forth invaded my body.

A few hours later I am laying on our living room floor wrapped in a blanket, eyes closed and two wide awake boys driving tractors on me. I always rate my sickness by deciding if I would stay home from work or not, is it bad enough for a sick day? Well I found myself in a new situation this morning, there are no more sick days. Whether I'm full of energy or dragging myself out of bed there are two little ones needing me to be mama no matter what.











I close my eyes for a second and find this.













I tried to tell them, "mommy doesn't feel good, I need you to have good listening ears" but quickly they forgot and I was pushing swings and building sand castles trying to sit every chance I got wearing sunglasses in hopes of "resting my eyes" without being caught.













4:30am caught up with him












So I assume the position on the couch, enjoy quiet nap time and prepare my husband for a disaster house.




















Since there are no sick days, we are just trying to make it through today, looking forward to restored energy and fun later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment