Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Weekend

One of the side effects to being a stay-at-home mom I've learned is never knowing what day it is. Although in my mind each day very much has a feel. I mean Monday definitely has a feel, Wednesday has that hump day, half-way through thing going on where as Thursday night has the let's stay up late because it's almost the weekend mood. Despite all that I tend to loose track of days especially when it is go-go-go, one event to the next.

This weekend proved just that, I lost track of the day only focused on my list of priorities, next event and plan to make it all coordinate. Thursday and Friday were devoted to one of my best friends from high school. She married her now best friend, handsome hunk, love of her life outside in the gardens at Olbrich. I admit at times I'm discouraged and feel disconnected with my high school group, I am the only one with kids and married (until Friday) and it's difficult to relate. I can't drop everything to meet for a late night visit or mid-day coffee, am not still in school and not traveling the world but we are all still friends. My heart was happy Friday night being reunited with our group, clicking like old times and supporting each other on a memory making day.

*****************************
Saturday was filled with an abundance of fresh air, laundry and chicken coop construction. My hubby doesn't get much time to build this chicken mansion but good progress is being made. Pacey loves playing in the coop and in my mind I changed it into a life-size girly dollhouse, hopefully someday.

















































******************************
The great outdoors and I generally don't mesh, I prefer an indoor controlled climate but today the weather for perfect making the first ever Craft-apple-Ar wonderful. I met new people, sold some Poplin goodies and purchased my first gallon of apple cider this season. A end to the a busy yet happy weekend.


































No comments:

Post a Comment