Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crafting, Chatting and Chickens

Our 2nd Mama's Night Out was just as I had hoped, chatting, crafting and laughing. Ten hard working mamas shared stories and savored the time away from our little ones. Gigi's Cupcakes was our first stop and a lesson was learned...either call ahead and place an order or go earlier in the day.

As we approached the super cute shop the pink tables and chairs had me at first sight, I want the hot pink bench placed at their front door so bad. You open the door to find more pink and smells of sweet sugar, our mouths were watering. Quickly the excited turned to disappointment as we discovered they were almost sold out, only a measly 7 cupcakes remained, big bummer. A few of the mamas scooped them up and raved over the delicious flavors.

Glitter Workshop had us digging through piles of vintage buttons, concentrating hard and creating button flower stems. Some went for colorful buttons others more muted, in the end the great conversation while crafting was really most important.

















Back to our starting point, Hilldale, for dinner at the Great Dane, yum. I rarely frequent this restaurant, kind of forget about it I guess, but am pleased every time. After serious deliberation over the menu I went for a picnic basket, half soup and half chicken wrap, maybe a few cheese fries too!



















Chatting continued as one big convo fluently turned into four little ones and back to one again. We even hashed out one of my biggest life dilemmas lately...to have real or fake fish at our upcoming 3 year old birthday. It is a fishing party and of course we are going all out but then there are those stickler parents who despise fish and run far away from all goldfish games at the carnival (my husband included). I took everyone's honest opinion into consideration weighing the pros and cons but in the end, it's me and everyone probably expects real fish so let's just go with it! (If you receive a cute vintage fishing party invite this week in your mailbox consider yourself warned, mentally prepare and don't be a stickler:).

























****************************************

In other news, our chicken coop is coming along. Did I tell you I finally gave in and agreed to my husband getting some chickens?






























































He is now one step closer to becoming self-sustaining (one of his life long goals) and the boys are squealing with joy. Trexen can't wait to hold them and take them for rides in his John Deere gator. I dislike most animals especially chickens but Jeff found a way to convince me...say hello to our chicken coop inspiration.

















Honestly I am super excited to decorate the coop, chickens not so much, but making it look adorable oh ya. I will continue to keep you posted on the coop chaos.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is great!!! Yeah for real fish! Jeff gets chickens, you get real fish at the party, there, it all works out nicely!!! Also, I love the coop! Does Trexen have nail polish on his toes ;)??? Zach LOVES nail polish and told me he wanted to invent boy nail polish someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you're having real fish. And I LOVE the Great Dane! the nacho's are my all time favorite and the best around (trust me - I've tried them everywhere). Good luck with the chickens...they POOP everywhere! lol! but there eggs are delish! once Pip's a bit bigger I can't wait to join you for ladies night!

    ReplyDelete