Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Know, I Know

"I know, I know Sophie girl" was one of Trexen's favorite lines this weekend. He found a small beanie cat in our random toy bin the other day, the bin I only get out when I really need them to be entertained. My mom got him this cat a year ago and he has loved it on and off since. Well apparently we are on right now because this weekend at the cottage was all about Sophie.

























She got a tour of the cottages, came on the pontoon with us, took a paddle boat ride and even got some guitar lessons.

















































At first I discouraged this Sophie girl as he calls her, I can't stand stuffed animals and we already have one little boy dragging a monkey around everywhere. Once I stopped to watch Trexen with this stuffed cat though my mind changed, he is learning so much. Taking care of her, putting her needs first, being responsible, thoughtful and darn right cute with his little Sophie.




















Who am I to squelch this relationship, for the time being I know he needs her. I know he is listening to me as he repeats my common phrases "I know you want to... but we can't right this minute, Sophie please use listening ears, mommy leave her alone she is crabby, Sophie two more minutes, etc".




















By the end of the weekend there were ten adults worrying about Sophie, talking to her like a real cat and caught carrying her around all gingerly.

I know it is extremely challenging being a mom but it's so worth it.

I know it would have been easier to just stay home but unforgettable memories wouldn't have been made.

I know my kids are loved unconditionally.

I know the mud, buzzing bugs, flapping fish and fresh air are all good for my boys.
I know my hair is greasy, feet black from dirt and the smell of campfire buried into my pores but fun was had.

I know I am incredibly thankful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment