Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cold Play

Create some cool artwork with homemade, frozen watercolors. I found this idea in a magazine a few weeks ago, dug it out of my heaping project pile and gave it a try today with 5 little ones. Definitely fun, pretty and cool however a bit messy. Once the ice cubes started melting I had red, purple and blue drops all throughout my kitchen. Maybe its a good outside project especially on a hot day like this.



















1. Place 1 tsp. of tempera paint (I used washable crayola paint) in each section of an ice-cube tray.
2. Fill with water and stir with toothpicks. Let stand for 10 minutes and stir again.
3. Place in freezer until frozen. Pop out and start painting! Using think paper, card stock or butcher paper is best.




















Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment