Friday, August 19, 2011

Not so Smooth

PB & J Day did not go very smoothly, rather quite the opposite. For starters the weather channel got it wrong again, I looked right before I walked out the door and it said 72 degrees at 10am. Ok, jean capris and a tank would work perfect. As I lugged our lunch box, blanket, water bottle and diaper bag sweat rolled off my sticky skin. All the mamas and real little ones huddled under the slides in the one piece of shade while the older ones enjoyed the park.

Fifteen minutes into a conversation (well probably not the same conversation) one of the mamas told me Trex was having an issue. Surprisingly I am not a freak out mommy, I stay pretty calm and don't panic. So I waited for the screaming to get closer before I moved but quickly realized there was blood. That darn teeter totter, why do parks have them, they are always hazards. Trexen flung forward, hit his face on the bar and now was bleeding.

In the end we had to leave the park, he has a chipped tooth and I had an extended conversation with the pediatric dentist. He will be fine but what a bummer of a play date, no pictures were even snapped.

On the up side I finally finished a new Poplin product and will have some available next weekend at the Craft-Apple-Ar! I've planned our next Mama's Night Out, a Poplin Party at my house and found out another PB & J mama is expecting, that makes 3 new babes this winter.





















Have a fantastic weekend, I will be in the north woods at Eagle River until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment