Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Chance Meeting

Last summer when I started PB & J Day I had no idea who would come. Lots of mamas were invited, emails sent and prayers asked. The Deforest Splash Pad was one of our first play date locations. It was a new discovery, looked awesome and I hoped others would come to enjoy.











A few months prior I delivered a meal to a new mama; she went to my church but we had never met. The doorbell rang as I stood there balancing a bag, cake and gift. A warm smile greeted me and instantly my inner voice said, "yes we will be friends". After a couple minutes of small talk and a quick baby snuggle I left thinking "wow I just met a new best friend".










Fast forward to that summer at the Deforest Splash Pad and she came with her baby. Lots of mamas came, kids ran through the water, sprinted around the park and it marked the beginning of lasting friendships. This random mama who I delivered a meal to is no longer random, instead a best friend and at the splash pad one year ago she met another best friend. Two mamas who had never met introduced themselves and a friendship started.







(July 2010 & June 2011)






Yesterday we went back to the splash pad, reminisced, played and photographed the memory. Ahh such great memories, can't wait to make more and see new friendships start!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it beautiful how the Lord works!!??! He is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete