Thursday, June 9, 2011

Green Thumb

I have never had a green thumb and have no desire to garden. My mother-in-law loves gardening, has a beautiful yard and has done most of our gardening. I enjoy how pretty and peaceful gardens are but just don't like the outdoors enough to put all that time and energy into a garden.














However my husband has been talking about a vegetable garden for a few years now. Honestly I think he should have been born in Amish country or something, he is all about living off the land, eating locally grown foods and being self sufficient. I go in phases, jump on board for a while and then fall back into my place of liking the outdoors because my boys do, eating organic when possible and picking my battles.














A vegetable garden was not worth battling about so we now have fresh green beans sprouting up. I love green beans and am excited (don't tell him) but am participating in gardening by taking pictures and encouraging the boys to help daddy. All this inspired our garden theme this week and we sure had fun. A garden tour at Oma's house, played in the water because everything needs water, played hot tomato, painted with potatoes, planted grass, played pin the flower on the stem and made hand print flowers.


























Maybe someday a green thumb will appear but for now I'd rather use my thumbs crafting indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment