Saturday, June 4, 2011

Featured Mama

Each week we will feature an amazing, marvelous mama. You will get a peek into the daily lives of other local mamas, see pics of their family and learn some fun facts. This week we feature...

Kim Lapacek














~Age- 29 yrs
~Birthday- April 15th
~#2 profession (mommy is #1)- I may have 3/4/5 professions. First, I graduated from UW Madison with a degree in civil engineering. I worked in my field until I retired at age 25 to stay at home with Cedi and have Capri a few short months later. For three-ish months of the year, I am an owner/operator of the apple orchard – Lapacek’s Orchard. The other 9 months I watch my kiddo’s and work on my crafty business (quilts, bags, hand dyed clothing and other fun sewn items) and The Apple (jewelry). I have a problem sitting still and doing nothing so I try to have lots going on so I avoid this problem.

~Names/Ages of Kiddos-
Mercedi Rose 4 (dob: 11/29/06)
Capri Grace 3 (dob: 2/24/08)
Persimoni ‘Pip’ Mae 0 (dob: 4/28/11)
~Favorite Nap time Pastime- Sewing/quilting/creating
~Guilty pleasure food item- Chips!










~Most Challenging Hour of the day- The first hour when everyone is awake – still trying to figure out how to feed all three mouths at the same time.
~Favorite Baby/Child Product- right now – my moby wrap for Pip, the adjustable roller skates for Cedi, and anything that is ‘buildable’ for Capri














~Blogs you like, follow or have-
My blogs:
www.onebeermom.blogspot.com
www.kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com
www.lapaceksorchard.blogspot.com

My favorite parent blogs:
http://theheirtoblair.com
http://my-merlot.blogspot.com/
http://http://www.mattlogelin.com(have LOTS of kleenex ready when you read Matt's story...)
~Favorite local place to take kids- Ella’s Deli, Bouncy Town, Prairie Athletic (swim lessons) the park in Morrisonville

~Your mommy style in 3 words- One Beer Mom
~Etc...
Favorite Spot to Buy Clothing for the girls:
Handmade: www.AlltheNumbers.etsy.com, Commercial: Old Navy

I HATE buying shoes for the girls! I swear – I buy them and then they grow out of them before they have a chance to wear them – ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment