Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Peter Pies and Farmer John

The boys anxiously awaited daddy's arrival home last night just as they do every day but yesterday was a bit more special. My husband is all about nature and living off the land, I say he should be Amish or something. He strives to be self sustaining, needs to know where his food comes from and although works in the technology field likes to "disconnect" when possible. He has been wanting chickens for quite sometime and as much as I dislike animals I've decided to let him explore this adventure.


















Construction on the chicken coop or chicken mansion as I like to call it began this summer and has yet to end. For not even knowing if our family is a chicken raising one he sure has spent lots of time and money on this coop but I'm staying out of it.














Pacey wanted those chicks!











Yesterday was the big day, six baby chicks came home in a tiny cardboard box chirping away. The boys were squealing with excitement, my husband looked like a kid in a candy store and I immediately regretted this decision. The fluffy, loud baby chicks were born yesterday morning, freshly hatched and all I could think about was now we have to keep these things alive. Don't get me wrong I am not some cold heartless soul I just don't have that animal connection or bond. My hands are full with two little boys, a part-time job, sewing business and a dog.



















In true mama fashion though I grabbed my camera and captured my three boys in their glory. Trexen has taken it upon himself to name our new pets, 5 Peter Pies and 1 Farmer John. They absolutely love these baby chicks so for now I bite my tongue, repress the annoyance of being the one home all day with these new pets and enjoy my boy's happiness.

































































1 comment: