Friday, September 23, 2011

5 Under 5

I have had 3 before, even 4 but today might have been the first time I had five little boys all under the age of five. Unfortunately good friends had a funeral to attend today but I was happy to watch their little ones. My nephew also needed a place to go for a while today so what the heck come on over!























They played tractors, raced hot wheels, wrestled on the floor and ran through the house laughing. Getting out the door for PB & J was a little chaotic and I realized once again our current SUV is not ideal for four boys all in car seats. April welcomed us in with open arms, yummy snacks and a large basement playroom. Play date was wonderful not only for the boys but me. I was thankful to have some time with adults, girls for that fact, in the middle of my day surrounded by boys. Don't let me forget to mention I forgot my wallet in our mad dash out the door, the gas light dinged on as we entered Sun Prairie and I frantically tore through the car for cash. Six dollars and one and a half gallons later we had just enough fuel to make it home.




















My husband was skeptical I could get all down for a nap but within thirty minutes I had four little boys sleeping soundly and one resting with a leapster and cartoons. I was challenged today, depleted of energy, didn't have it all together at every moment but all parents returned to happy, messy and smiling kiddos. Now time for me to recover, night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment