Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Giving In

I am tempted quite often to give in to my body's desire for a nap. Each day I put the kids down at 1pm, Pacey goes down very easily and falls asleep quickly but Trex takes a little more effort. I lay in his super cool tractor bed, tell him one story (usually a snowmobile or bulldozer one, however today was a tractor story) and then tickle his back. I've tried numerous times to leave him before his peepers are closed and it never goes well and in the end takes much longer to get him to sleep. If I just lay there long enough for him to fall asleep it is smooth sailing, quiet time for mommy for at least an hour.



















Most days I fall asleep for a minute or two before I jolt awake coaxing myself to get up and accomplish something. Nap time is laundry time, dishes, Poplin crafting time, dinner making time and my time to think. It is extremely rare that I lay down and rest, not that my body doesn't beg to but I hate naps. Every time I wake up annoyed that I wasted my bit of silence sleeping; I feel so much better when I do something even if I'm dragging tired. Laying on the couch during nap time also makes me feel somewhat guilty, I mean my husband is sitting in his cubicle working away without any opportunity of shut eye.

















However today I gave in to the temptation. A load of laundry was switched, a few emails sent and now I'm planted comfortably on our long, cozy couch. My belly hasn't felt good the past few days and I just couldn't find an ounce of motivation to keep going this afternoon. I don't want to make this habit but let me tell you this feels good. I lay here looking at pictures scroll by on the computer screen and a smile fills my face, I love our new routine, this opportunity I've been blessed with to be home more and once in a while give in to nap time.

1 comment:

  1. I love Trexon's room! It's exactly what I invisioned when I would think of you!

    ReplyDelete