Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fishing Birthday Party

As we cleaned fifteen goldfish bowls, tidied up the house and untangled homemade fishing poles my husband and I smiled thinking about the last three years. How could our baby be turning three already? It seems like just yesterday we brought our 8lbs 3oz crabby, colicky yet oh so sweet boy home. He has always chosen the great outdoors over being stuck in, he follows his daddy everywhere and is quite the fisherman.








Trexen 8 months old










Today's fishing birthday party was perfect. The vision in my mind came to life just as I imagined, complete with a cottage, bait shop, dock/pier and honey hole. Buddy Lake was busy today with lots of little fisherman practicing their cast and catching the big ones. Hot coffee, cocoa and a little campfire helped everyone stay toasty warm.
































































































I made colored ice cubes in the shape of fish.







The cake left me speechless and in awe of the way God gifts each person differently. Julie is a cake master making the most outstanding fishing cake and blue bobber cupcakes that tasted incredibly.




































The kiddos sat on stumps, played fishing games, snacked on treats and even got to pick out a real goldfish to take home. I heard names such as goldy, gummi bear, slinky and percy for the fish. All the parents were wonderful, pretending to be excited willingly taking these new pets home (fish food was included).
















































My little buddy loved all his gifts and hugged each friend. He hasn't stopped playing with them and keeps saying, "I love all my new toys, my friends are so nice". The morning quickly came to a close and little friends left with arms full of fabric fish, poles and their newest pet.































































We transported everything back inside chatting about the details while really wishing our dishwasher worked. Thankfully I have the most amazing mom ever who washed all the dishes leaving me with a clean kitchen.


















My baby is three, I can't believe it, but I do know he is mine because...he has already started planning next year's party. According to him next year it will be John Deere theme.

Party Details:
~Printable Invitations, Circles, etc.- Spaceships & Lazerbeams
~Cake- Julie Schoeneberg
~Fishing Decor- Hobby Lobby
~I made the "Gone Fishing Sign", painted the wooden FISH letters, painted signs and my mom made fabric fish for party favors.

Click here and here for previous posts on the fishing birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment