Friday, July 15, 2011

Mugs & Muffins

Mugs & Muffins, Poplin Party, Pacey Pie, Pj's & Popcorn, Coffee Cozies...do you see a pattern here? I am a bit obsessed with Alliteration (just googled to find that out). Planning things, whether it be parties, play dates, family activities, anything is what I love. It excites me to have plans, little scribbles filling our calendar, and makes me anxious when there's free time.











One of the first things I do when planning is think of a name, even if I am the only one who knows it, everything has a name. Mugs & Muffins has been around for a while and I've used that term before but today was different. As you know much of my inspiration comes from the Enjoying the Small Things blog; she amazes me and challenges me to fulfil God's plan for my life right now. She has a group of friends and they get together for coffee and breakfast all the time. The way she describes it is magical, mamas sharing stories, little ones playing dress up, building blocks and loving life. Ahhh, now that seems wonderful to me.



(picture by Kelle Hampton)








In true Nicole style I said, "yes let's do it", gave it a name and planned it! This morning we had a Mugs & Muffins with five moms, ten kids, lots of coffee, homemade muffins (which I slightly regretted, they weren't very sweet), bubbles and a sandbox. It was just as I had read in the blog, mamas sharing stories, asking questions, laughing while the little ones played, chased and got dirty.














Mugs & Muffins...so successfully sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment