Saturday, April 16, 2011

Super Mama

Bouncy Town didn't disappoint; it was fun, filled with running kids and an outstanding team of super mamas. Every PB & J is a new adventure even if we do the same thing or visit a familiar place. My passionate 2 year old (as my mom calls it) can change on a dime, happy and enjoyable to a complete meltdown in a matter of seconds. Sometimes I feel calm, relaxed and confident in my role as a mama of 2 little boys; other times I am stressed, on edge and unsure.













This past Friday took me from one extreme to the next in a matter of hours. Our morning was good, slow, calm, even time for a coffee and curling iron. Bouncy Town was busy and loud but my kiddos enjoyed. I was actually able to help some of my mama friends corral their kiddos, encourage one of my besties she was doing great with her new one and held the meltdown off til the very end.










The afternoon came and oh my did our mood and day shift. Nap time just didn't work out, couldn't get them from the car to beds and couldn't convince them sleep was necessary. As we tried to change scenery and go downstairs the dog pushed Trexen and he tumbled down the basement steps, Pacey fell off the kids table (he shouldn't have been on there!), Trex got a tummy ache and poop went everywhere and I was trying to make a birthday cake during it all. Ugh!

In the end I realized every mom is a super mama. It is hard, down right difficult to be a mama. One kiddo, two, three it doesn't matter, motherhood is filled with moments, some fantastic others not so much. As I watched all the mamas at Bouncy Town it just hit me how super they all are. Loving their kids so incredibly much they find themselves racing around an obstacle course, climbing a tall ladder and taking pictures to capture it all.










Mission complete super mamas, another superb PB & J!

No comments:

Post a Comment