Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Easter baskets, candy, egg dying and more, what a fun-filled holiday! This Easter was a bit different for us. I currently work at Heartland Community Church and we for the first time had three services Sunday. Awesome for attenders but exhausting for staff members! I was to work by 7am and not home until almost 2pm. This change was good though, it forced my husband and I to discuss how we wanted the day to look, what we would tell our kids and what we would celebrate.










A really good friend of mine is also terrific at making me think. Her and her husband have a one year old but they have already hashed out holiday traditions, beliefs and celebrations. Easter really isn't about the candy, bunny or baskets but instead Jesus coming alive again. We decided to first celebrate Jesus, go to church and embrace the real meaning.

Then after naps we did Easter baskets, an egg hunt, coloring eggs and delicious Easter dinner. A wonderful holiday filled with memories!










I hope your day was wonderful too. We will be at Lapacek's Orchard this Friday to have the Easter Egg Hunt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment