Friday, November 11, 2011

You've Been Warned

I have two thoughts about winter, 1. "it's so beautiful, a real life winter wonderland" 2. "oh crap my knuckles are white, my heart is racing and I would rather be anywhere than on the road".
I am terrified of winter driving, not exaggerating my blood pressure rises and I start to sweat at the sight of a flurry. I always feel like the vehicle I am driving is sliding off the road and we will be stuck in the ditch for hours. Maybe I've watched too many of those darn Dateline's about families traveling for the holidays, taking a wrong turn and freezing to death or maybe my subconscious remembers my junior year of high school when my realistic boyfriend (now husband) told me not to drive home the roads were too bad for my skills and I instead attempted it, got rear ended flung into a deep ravine and left with a smashed car and concussion. Who knows maybe I just don't know how to drive in the winter.

























Despite the reason I hate driving in the snow and will avoid it at all cost. A few years ago my husband kindly obliged when I pleaded for a 4W drive SUV stating it would help calm my fears and is more practical. The fears were diminished slightly but that is about it. So after reading this I want you to realized you've been warned. When you see a large silver SUV creeping along at like 17 mph don't start using choice words, don't swerve all over trying to pass, don't flash your lights or give me one of those waves as you fly by, it is me all white knuckled, praying and ignoring your need to get by. All my co-workers at my previous job would joke about this, they knew if it started to snow during the day I was packing up and racing out of there to get home. They expected me to be late and didn't even ask if I wanted to drive for weekly out of town meetings.

























This year I am hoping it can be different. Thankfully my current job does have snow days, if school is cancelled because of weather well then I don't have to go to work. I'm excited for this, staying up late watching the news hoping to see my schools cancelled, staying in jammies all day sipping hot cocoa with way too many marshmallows and taking the 20 minutes to get everyone bundled up and out the door for maybe 5 minutes of fun. I do love the change in seasons we get to experience here I just don't like driving in it.



















Winter 2009

***************************
Just wanted to share a project I have been working on and will continue for the next 26 weeks. A friend shared this link to an adorable maternity book a while back and I kept it in my memory. I never did anything like this for Trexen and Paceler, I didn't even take weekly belly pictures with them. Not sure why, with Pacey I had a four month old to take care of while being sick so that explains his pregnancy. This time around though I feel differently, probably because my husband is pretty set on this being our last. Despite my pleads and begs to not make a decision for a while he is good with three, well he probably would have been good with one, two was pushing it so anymore than three and he very well may lose it. Not that I love the pregnancy part but I am not ready to say three and that is final, how sad to think about no more new family members.

So I decided to recreate the Mama Mia's Maternity Book, every week taking a picture of something that represents those 7 days and giving it a meaningful caption. It has been nice to take time each week to reflect and enjoy these moments because it is flying by already. I am 14 weeks and know the holidays will keep things moving right along. Here is a sneak peak so far.

Baby #3 Book

No comments:

Post a Comment