Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yellow Day

Bright sunrise, yellow tulips, ripe breakfast banana and a day full of yellow activities. Since I planned my sister's "sweet as honey" bridal shower a few weeks ago and everything was yellow I have really embraced the color. In the past yellow hasn't been on my favs list, it is hard to wear well, difficult to find the right paint color and challenging to match shades. After seeing my house decked out in yellow and enjoying delicious yellow food at the party I've decided it is a really happy color. Yellow just makes all things cheery, joyful and full of life.

Today was "yellow day" and I anticipated a day filled with happiness, laughter and sense of mellow. However lemons are also yellow, the sour, cheek puckering fruit and sometimes when life hands you lemons you must make lemonade. Boys boths woke up incredibly crabby, not sure why but it was ugly. By 7:15 am we had sped through #3 on the schedule and things weren't improving. In the end though we gave some yellow duckies a bubble bath, met friends at a park for a picnic, took good naps, picked dandelions and filled up on eggs and lemon pudding for dinner.

We shall see what green/blue day brings tomorrow...






















No comments:

Post a Comment