Thursday, May 5, 2011

As Planned

Planning is a large part of my life. I like to plan, feel secure when planned, enjoy looking forward to plans and get filled up when things go as planned. Since a little girl I have planned my whole life out; from my occupation to how many kids. I couldn't wait to grow up and live life as planned.

Funny how things work out sometimes. Much of what I planned has happened; I live close to my family, married my best friend, God is the center of our life, have amazing friends and I had my first child at age 23. However lots of things are different; I didn't become a teacher, I haven't been a stay at home mom, I don't live in the city and I definitely don't have little girls decked out in pink.

As I find myself smack dab in the middle of a huge unplanned transition I realize although plans are wonderful and many times necessary, experiencing something unplanned can be great too. For the past 5 years I have worked in ministry and loved it all. Truly I have had a job I absolutely loved and got to use so many of my gifts to serve God and others. In one week though I will leave that for a completely unknown, scary yet exciting new season of life. For a short time I will be a stay at home mom, this fall I will get to be a teacher and who knows maybe a baby girl is even in the plans.

Continue to plan, dream and enjoy life, all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment