Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week of Change

Change is good, necessary and exciting but can also be scary. My transition week is here; wrapping things up at my job and preparing for my new one as a full-time mommy. I am extremely excited to be a stay at home mom and can't wait for this summer but part of me is nervous. Not that I can't handle my kiddos or housework but that I won't be able to fully enjoy it.

My type A, on the go, get it done side of me is literally freaking out. I need a schedule, a plan, some little lessons, daily craft and way to feel accomplished when 6pm rolls around. I love to have big projects going on, big plans and dreams, big events to look forward to and all this freedom is making me anxious. I can plan our day any way I like, I decide what to teach my kids, what experiences to show them and when to take them to Nama's.

These next few weeks will be tough but amazing at the same time. I am going to try to find the right balance, embrace my personality yet learn to be present in every moment. I plan to share any mini lessons, craft ideas, daily disasters and wonderful mama moments with you.











I'd love to hear from you as well. I will post questions, parenting topics and of course some giveaways! Comment on this post to let me know which day of the week you would prefer to have PB & J- any day works for me now! Do you like the same day every week, change it up or don't care? A random commenter will get a Beans-N-Cream gift card, they have delicious ice cream!

5 comments:

  1. We are good with any day of the week, but I do kind of enjoy having it on Friday's because having something to do on a Friday morning makes it almost feel like a 3 day weekend to me. :) So excited for you and your new journey. And can't wait to see what fun craft and lesson ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am good with any day of the week! Fridays are fun and a good thing to look forward to and then it's the weekend!! I an beyond excited for you and the path you are taking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, I'm so excited for you! I know your personality and I think you will be amazed on how God is going to change your life this summer! Try not to worry and over plan as you'll quickly find that kids don't necessarily adhear to your plans! Try to sit back and take it all in! Being a stay at home mom is harder than it may seem, but so worth it! I'm certain you will have more than enough to keep you busy this summer! If not, call me, I'll send Zach over!!!! :) Prayers and best wishes to you and your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why this is posting under Brad is beyond my knowing! But, as you probably know, this is Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love haveing pb&j on friday but now that summer is quickly approaching we are available any day of the week:)We are going to miss you tremendously in Launch, I am so sad that you are leaving(I dont do change well)but so excited to see where God is leading you. Yeah, for full time motherhood!!!:)

    ReplyDelete