Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Smell of the Zoo

So we managed to get passed the 2 year olds morning meltdown, bundled up head to toe (mittnes included) and went to open gym. I'll admit it would have been easier and it was a bit tempting to just stay in our pj's and cuddle up on the couch. However I am not too nieve to know that is a fairytale, at about 10:17am I would have regretted not leaving house. Open gym was awesome too! Surprising lots of little ones, entertaining toys and two very happy little boys. We even had a new mom join us which was fantastic! Well worth the effort.











AS we were leaving, Trexen started talking about winter and seasons. He went on about how cold it was and the slippery parking lot when all of a sudden he said, "mommy I just want to see the animals". At that very moment, the smell of the zoo, the real smell filled my nose. It was delightful, I dreamed of the warm sun on our face, me in sandals pushing our bus of a stroller and my two little ones excited to see the animals. Oh how wonderful spring will be! The bitter cold air quickly returned bringing me back to reality but for that split second it was marvelous to anticipate a new season.














Keep dreaming, winter won't last forever! Hope to see you this week:)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get to the zoo to see the lion cub that was born in December. :)

    ReplyDelete