Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Forced to Slow Down

So maybe you have noticed less posts, fewer messages and not a recent helpful hint. Or maybe your life has been like mine the past month and you haven't noticed at all! Well as December rolled away and the days seemed to speed up I had a feeling deep inside that life was moving too quickly. My Poplin business was busier than ever which is totally awesome but also exhausting, my full-time job was at the peak of busyness, I was planning for a terrific Christmas, gearing up to be Mrs. Claus, and through it all trying to find a way to catch a little shut-eye. I was enjoying it all but also felt hurried, rushed and stressed. How would I be able to slow down though?










Sickness that's how. Fevers higher than the moon, the smell of vomit lingering through the bedroom, yellow snot flying everywhere and a very traumatic week of potty training. My family has been through the ringer the past few weeks and to top it off I got sick last weekend. Stuck on the cough, barely able to move, wanting to play, sew and enjoy our weekend but there wasn't an ounce of energy to be had. Sunday morning came and went with me still in my pj's on the couch. Today I am feeling better but still not great. Things have definitely slowed down. My blogging has been few and far between, sewing has been rare and the fun level is at a low.














However all things must go up, so I am looking on the bright side and hoping for a better end of the week and start to a weekend! I miss you all and hope to see you this week (despite the bitter cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment