Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not In the Plan

I am always planning my next move. What to wear, what to pack, what car to take, when to do my work, when to sew, when to clean, when to play. There is always something to plan and as a mom planning is essential. You always have to be one step ahead, thinking about dinner before dinner, strategizing bath time before it occurs, deciding when to give the bed time warning before meltdown hits. Kids like plans and so do I. As they say I am a type A personality, I like plans, I like organization but let me remind you I do have kids, two little ones at that.

As much as I plan and calculate every move in my mind sometimes it is necessary to be spontaneous. It doesn't happen often but it did this Monday. My good friend emailed Sunday evening asking if we wanted to make a trip to the Rockford Discovery Center. Well we had nothing "planned" but could we really just say sure and go? Yes we could and we did! It was fabulous, a fun filled day with friends.













Then you have the weeks where nothing goes as planned or one, just one thing can mess it all up. I am also having one of those weeks. I planned to go to Bible Study Tuesday night, go to work Wednesday, go to the grocery store, deliver a meal, take my friend her birthday gift, finish the owl costumes and go on with my week. Well I picked Trex up Tuesday afternoon and my mommy radar went off. Something was not right. Off to urgent care we went, no Bible study. Three hours later we were off to the pharmacy, he had strep throat and scarlet fever. What! Working from home on Wednesday and sent the husband grocery shopping (definitely not the plan).


But hey, everyone is on medicine now and we have celebrating to do! As a mama I am usually planned, thinking out every move but I also have learned to go with the flow when needed. Nothing is going as planned but that's ok. 13 owl costumes finished, Poplin items ready for the craft sale and some major giddy anticipation brewing. We will celebrate big this Friday evening!


Enjoy your Friday- I will miss you all. PB & J Day will resume next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment