Sunday, November 7, 2010

Digging Deep


Night Owl birthday party planning is in full swing. I have to admit though I just haven't had the same amount time or motivation as for the farm party. The poor 2nd child, it is starting already. I even found myself thinking "he is only turning 1; he won't know the difference". Oh my did that really just cross my mind, I would have never allowed a thought like that to creep in during Trexen's first birthday planning. It just seemed different with Trex, he seemed so much older or maybe I am just a different mom with the second???

I grew up hearing my middle sister make comments about being the 2nd child, she never felt as special, as good, as celebrated. Although this wasn't true it was in her mind and oh how I don't want that for my 2nd born. He is just as special and we will celebrate his life just as big as the first. So I am digging down deep, mustering up the energy and making 10 night owl costumes for all the little ones attending the party. Well they do have to play the part right, I mean how can they enter the "Playtime Owl's Nest" without costumes. I have one done and it took me forever. I am slightly thinking this was too big of an undertaking (don't you dare tell my husband) but it will happen. I have my mind made up, owl costumes are a go!

Dig deep mamas, grab that extra ounce of energy and make it magically!

2 comments:

  1. You are SUPER MAMA! I love your motivation to do all things special like this for the boys birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Jenna said! I wish I could sew so that I could help you!

    ReplyDelete